Thursday 8 November 2012

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET



THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET
(for my dear friend Lyn Clements)

Was that you I saw last night
on the other side of the street,
wearing a far away smile
and light on your feet?

Was that you I saw last night,
untouched by Autumn  cold?
All heartbreak in the past
Now  the story's been told 

Was that you shining back at me
between the street lights and the cars,
suddenly so young again,
as untroubled as the stars?

I wrote this before I heard of the death of my
beautiful and gracious friend, Lyn Clements.
I hope she doesn't mind my presumption
in dedicating this to her.


John R. Nicoll


My comic novel, The Balloon Man in Edinburgh, is available
on Amazon. To rerad the reviews etc. please click on link below


2 comments:

  1. I really like the last four lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so nice to think anyone from one's past every actually had thoughts like this...

    ReplyDelete